Present Danger by Elizabeth Goddard

 

Present Danger by Elizabeth Goddard is a mystery full of twists and turns. This book kept me guessing right up until the end.

US Forest Service Special Agent Terra Conners is called to investigate a body found in the national forest. While uncovering clues and looking at the body with detective and former FBI special agent Jack Tanner, they find out that some illegal activity has been going on. However, they don't know who all is involved and just how widespread the activity is. At the same time, Terra and Jack have a history together from years ago. Do they want to rekindle what they once had?

Present Danger started out strong and it ended strong. The mystery was well done as I didn't figure that out until the end. I did think it slowed down a bit in the middle but I still enjoyed the book and kept trying to figure things out. I do wish that there had been a bit more romance but I enjoyed what was there. Terra and Jack also seemed to be people of faith but there wasn't a lot of spiritual talk. I found the main characters to be likeable as a whole and I was pulling for them both separately and as a couple. There was a lot going on in the last few pages of the book so it took me a bit to process all of that when the book was done.  

Present Danger is the first book in the Rocky Mountain Courage series and there is a brief blurb to whet the reader's appetite for the next one, Deadly Target. After reading the first few pages, I can't wait to read that one.

I received this book courtesy of Baker Publishing Group, Revell Division, through Interviews & Reviews. All opinions in this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman