Come Back to Me by Jody Hedlund

 

Time Travel may sound a little crazy but it definitely intrigues me. I've read several time travel books and I thought Come Back to Me by Jody Hedlund was definitely among the best

When Marian Creighton is called about her father being in a coma, she goes home to his bedside. He also leaves her clues in a safety deposit box. Clues that could help him--and possibly her sister who has a serious illness. While Marian struggles to believe what she finds in the box and the research her father has been doing, she tests the theories herself. Soon after, she finds herself back in the Middle Ages during a peasant uprising in 1381. She also meets William Durham. a knight who offers her protection. . .and maybe even more.

I enjoyed this novel so much. The storyline and the characters were all quite compelling to me. Come Back to Me was written in such a way that the time travel did seem quite plausible. I liked how the author shared Marian's struggles in not fitting in with the time period at first and how she missed modern conveniences. That all seemed quite realistic within the time travel realm.  I also enjoyed both William and Marian so much and was definitely invested and pulling for each of them. Jody Hedlund also has a way with writing swoony romance and I enjoyed watching the relationship develop through the book. My only disappointment is that I have to wait for the second book, Never Leave Me, in the Waters of Time series. The next book continues the story of Marian's sister, Ellen Creighton, and longtime friend, Harrison Burlington.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe