lt Is What You Make of It by Justin McRoberts

 

It is What It is. This is one of those sayings you hear fairly frequently in this day and age. Justin Roberts in his new book, It Is What you Make Of it, encourages us to think differently and tells readers that that is a lie.

It is What You Make Of It has fourteen chapters full of rich stories full of details from McRoberts' life and Biblical teaching. At the end of each chapter, he has a page called,  What do you make of this? where he asks readers some questions to help them apply the story they just read to their own life. I liked these stories a lot. I didn't read the book real fast. Instead I read a couple stories a day so that I could soak them in and reflect on them. I also reflected on how they may relate to my own life. I found inspiration and encouragement. I also found stories that were easy to relate to. McRoberts feels like a guy who would be easy to sit down and chat with. He also has a sense of humor so there are some funny places in the book. I think this book would appeal to Christians of all ages and at all levels of faith. There is something for everyone to reflect on here. While I enjoyed all of the stories, I especially liked the chapter called, Everybody Hurts, Everybody Matters. That one touched my heart in several ways.

I received a copy of this book from the author and publisher through FrontGate Media. All opinions within this review are my own.

Purchase the book here:  It is What You Make of It by Justin McRoberts

If you would like to win a copy, follow this link:FrontGate Media Giveaway

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman