Heart of the Highlands by Heidi Kimball

 

I will admit up front that I have a weakness for Scottish romance novels and have been anxious to read this one. Heart of the Highlands by Heidi Kimball lived up to my expectations and I truly enjoyed it. I read it in less than 24 hours!

Collum Darrington, future Duke of Edinbane, was not happy to have an arranged marriage to Lady Katherine. He reluctantly agrees to the wedding but still seethes at the control his father has over him. However, once he meets her, he truly likes Lady Katherine (Katie). Then his father deceives him and Collum lashes out at him and heartbreak abounds in his wake. Then four years later, Collum tries to put the pieces of his life and his marriage back together. Can it be done?

I truly liked both Collum and Katie in spite of both of their flaws and weaknesses. They did feel like real people. I loved the humorous banter that Collum could dish out. While this book made me chuckle at some of his antics, I also felt their heart break and teared up in a few places as well. Kimball's writing definitely brought out all the feels. The situation was complex and l I liked how things worked out in layers. Both people seemed to work through the situations they were in. I liked how loved ones for both parties were protective of them and yet encouraging of the relationship. And the romantic parts were truly swoon worthy. I can't imagine trying to work through the challenges this couple worked through in Heart of the Highlands but I definitely felt for the characters and I was pulling for them all.

I received a copy of this book from an Instagram giveaway. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman