One Word for Today: For Spirit-Filled Living from Chosen Books

 

 

One Word For Today from Chosen books is a 90-day devotional with short devotions. But this book is short but "not a quick snack, but a meal to savor throughout your day."

Each of the 90 readings is focused on a topic such as wisdom, joy, comfort, and light. Each one includes a Bible verse, a short reading, something to think about and reflect on throughout the day, a prayer, a declaration sentence and an idea of how to put the reading in practice that day. 

I like these short readings in One Word for Today because they are indeed meaty. They offer me something to think about, reflect and do each day. I can read it fairly fast in the morning but I do like to reflect on the reading and prompts throughout the day. I would recommend One Word for Today for anyone wanting a new devotional and it would make a nice gift too.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe