The Deadly Shallows by Dani Pettrey

 

Are you looking for a book that mixes sweet romance with fast-paced Suspense? The Deadly Shallows by Dani Pettrey is the latest book in the Coastal Guardians series.

CIS Agent Noah Rowley and his team are shocked when a mass shooting happens on the Coast Guard Base. Coast Guard Flight Medic Brooke Kesler also becomes a target when one of the gravely wounded shooters talks to her--and the wrong person sees that he did. Brooke and Noah face a lot of danger and challenges as they seek to figure out why the shooting happened and who the mastermind behind it is. 

At the same time, Caleb and Austin are involved in a different mystery. Who polluted the waters with a dangerous chemical--and why? 

This is my first book by Dani Pettrey. I have been wanting to read her books for awhile and so glad that I did read this one. However, I read it as a stand-alone. It was quite good but would likely be even better if I read it within the series. 

I liked all of the good-guy characters and didn't like the bad guys--which is what I imagine the author was hoping for. I thought the romance was sweet and it did flow with the characters in between the action. As an animal lover, I liked that two dogs featured in with the story. I thought it was realistic to note that the characters had challenges in their own lives along with solving the crimes. Several of the characters also had a faith in God that was woven into the story-line but wasn't preachy. That was all portrayed realistically. I liked that there were at least two good mysteries to solve, which kept me turning pages. I did not figure it all out either until the very end. I would recommend this book, either as a stand-alone or within the series, to anyone who enjoys romantic suspense.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman