A Gift of Joy and Hope by Pope Francis

A Gift of Joy and Hope by Pope Francis offers snippets of encouragement in walking with Jesus through life from the Pope.

Pope Francis shares a mix of his wisdom, thoughts and snippets of faith thoughts throughout A Gift of Joy and Hope. I think there is encouragement for both Catholics and other Christians in this book--as I am not Catholic. I was interested to see what this Pope had to say though as I have read about him. However, it was more disjointed than I expected--I am thinking maybe that comes with the language translation. I think it is sort of like a collection of the Pope's thoughts and bits of wisdom related to the topics of Faith, Joy and Hope. He shares at the beginning that he wants people to smile and that is his wish in one word. I guess, I found the book to be more simplistic than I expected and it certainly isn't too deep for most people. Everyone should be able to come away with something positive to think about from this book. The nice thing about the way A Gift of Joy and Hope is arranged is that you can read a bit and then set it down and pick it up again after reflecting on what you last read without losing anything from the book.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review of my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe