You Are My Sunshine by Sean Dietrich

 


I have followed Sean Dietrich on Instagram for a couple of years. I wanted to read You Are My Sunshine since it came out last fall. I am glad I started my year with this couple's adventure. In You Are My Sunshine, I followed Sean and his wife, Jamie, as they went on a big adventure--riding their bike and recumbent trike on the Great Allegheny Passage and C & O Canal Towpath Trail.

The book starts out with a bit of marital history so the reader knows how the couple decided to make this journey, then goes into the journey and ends with a bit of marital history to complete the story. I enjoy Sean's humor on his social media Instagram page. While this book isn't entirely humorous, there were a few places I laughed out loud. I mostly pulled for this couple to make it through this really long bike/trike ride.

There were also some serious places in You Are My Sunshine where he shared stories about people they met on the trail who face life challenges and still chose to go on the trail in spite of them or maybe because of them. I admired them for their challenges through this book and I could relate to one of them. I also liked some of the kindnesses that others showed Sean and his wife on the trail which helped keep them going to the end. Sometimes we need a reminder that good people are still out there.

For me, this book was a quick read. I felt like I was with Sean and Jamie on the trail--only I didn't get the backache or fall off my bike. It was an armchair adventure for me. If you enjoy real-life adventure stories, biking and/or national parks, you may indeed enjoy You Are My Sunshine.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman