Make Friends with Anyone by Wayne Francis

 

Loneliness is widespread, even in a world where we’re constantly connected. Having lots of acquaintances or followers doesn’t necessarily mean having meaningful friendships. Make Friends With Anyone by Wayne Francis could be a helpful book for those who are wanting to make new friends in real life, not just on-line.

Make Friends With Anyone starts out by explaining the foundations of friendship. The author is a pastor and he feels the Bible sets the foundation for friendships so the first part does have a lot of Scripture. This part felt rather abstract to me but I understand his point.

Francis then expounds on the various depths of friendships. He uses visiting the ocean and beach as the basis for his depths of friendship. There are sunbathers, surfers, snorkelers, scuba divers, and submariners as his descriptors for types of friendships starting with the least in-depth to the most depth in relationships. 

In the last section of the book, the author encourages the reader to tidy up their friendships, loosely based on Marie Kondo's tidying method, if you are familiar with that. I am, as I have read her book. In this section, he shares some encouragement on repairing fractured friendships and making friendships work better. 

I found Make Friends With Anyone to be a quick read. It wasn't really the "how-to" book I was expecting. Instead, I felt it was more of a book to learn about the types of friendships and how to have depth in a friendship. He has good advice for how and when to go deeper in friendships. I did relate to his beachy friendship type descriptions. This book is conversational in tone, easy to read and easy to understand. 

Take a Friendship Assessment and see what type of friend you are: https://bit.ly/ShowMeMyFriends 

Purchase Link: Make Friends With Anyone 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through Frontgate Media. All opinions are my own. 

#showmemyfriends @waynefrancis @navpress

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dog that Whispered by Jim Kraus

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: Mistletoe and Malice by Lori DeJong

The Sound of Violet by Allen Wolf (10th Anniversary edition)