The Roman Holiday Rule by Andra Loy

 

The Roman Holiday Rule by Andra Loy captivated me from beginning to end. Loy is a debut author and this book is a wonderful debut!

Lexi Walker is off on an Italian adventure. She has an itinerary to complete the dream trip she had planned with her mother before her mom passed away. Her mom is an artist and she will present her final painting at a festival. Lexi is also carrying letters her mother left her to open at certain locations in Italy.

Mark Russo is an Italian-American Archetect who was once burned by an American tourist so he is a bit leary of Lexi upon meeting her.  Still, he is captivated by Lexi as they share their flight to Rome--and an interest in photography. 

I loved The Roman Holiday Rule. I could have read it in one sitting if I had had the time. This book has some mystery, some history and a romance that I thoroughly enjoyed seeing from beginning to end. There is also humor as it is a rom-com. Even though there is a sadness in Lexi from her mother's passing, it doesn't shadow the book. It is more of a sweet sorrow. There is also a connection to the old Audrey Hepburn movie, The Roman Holiday, which I have also seen and enjoyed. That isn't necessary to enjoy this book but it does add to the enjoyment if you can watch it beforehand.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through Uplit Reads. All opinions are my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dog that Whispered by Jim Kraus

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: Mistletoe and Malice by Lori DeJong

The Sound of Violet by Allen Wolf (10th Anniversary edition)